Sr Decision Support Analyst (Performance Analytics) - Decision Support
Company: RWJBarnabas Health Corporate Services
Location: West Orange
Posted on: July 15, 2019
The Senior Decision Support Analyst provides financial and
operational analysis, to assist in business decisions, supporting
all levels of management throughout the Health System.
In addition, this position will assist with data integrity analyses
to ensure accuracy of data within the Analytics database. This
position reports to the Director of Decision Support, and will work
closely with other members of the Decision Support team.
This position is located in the West Orange Corporate office.
Travel between the RWJBarnabas Health locations may be
- Utilizing Performance Analytics tools and other analytics
applications, this position will develop dashboards and reports to
measure and trend key performance metrics and present results in an
- Analyzes data to ensure accuracy, identify trends and
- Analyzes reimbursement and costs, with the ability to reconcile
to source data, and identify and research variances.
- Supports Service Line leaders by providing relevant information
to analyze operational performance, calculating key financial and
quality metrics and providing detailed information to investigate
- Assists with maintaining cost accounting rules, to ensure
proper handling of direct and indirect expenses, appropriate
alignment of expenses with revenue, and standardization across
- Assists in the development and maintenance of RVUs
- Performs weekly audit of costing results applied to encounter
data to ensure accuracy of encounter database, which is used for
all service line reporting.
- Areas supported by this position include, Quality area, the
DSRIP program, and Value Based program monitoring for managed care.
- Bachelor s degree preferred
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge of healthcare terminology,
reimbursement and cost, and the ability to produce meaningful
reports, is critical to this position
- Technical knowledge of SQL and business intelligence (BI)
visualization tools such as Tableau, Cognos, Explorer, required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery
system in New Jersey and the state s second largest private
employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and
1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care
hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading
pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: RWJBarnabas Health Corporate Services, New York , Sr Decision Support Analyst (Performance Analytics) - Decision Support, Professions , West Orange, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!