Azure Cloud Architect
Company: 2nd Watch, Inc.
Location: New York
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Who is 2nd Watch?
2nd Watch is an AWS Premier Partner and a Microsoft Azure Gold
partner providing managed cloud services to enterprises and a
recognized leader among Managed Cloud Providers (MSPs). The
company's subject matter experts, software-enabled services and
cutting-edge solutions provide companies with tested, proven, and
trusted solutions, allowing them to fully leverage the power of the
public cloud seamlessly and within their own organizational
constraints. 2nd Watch solutions are high performing, robust,
increase operational excellence, decrease time to market,
accelerate growth and lower risk. Its patent-pending, proprietary
tools automate everyday workload management processes for big data
analytics, digital marketing, line-of-business and cloud native
workloads. 2nd Watch is a new breed of partner which tailors
solutions for enterprises, including design, deploy and managed
cloud solutions. 2nd Watch has more than 400 enterprise workloads
under its management and more than 200,000 instances in its managed
public cloud. The venture-backed company is headquartered in
Seattle, Washington. To learn more about 2nd Watch, visit
www.2ndwatch.com or call 888-317-7920.
Why 2nd Watch?
2nd Watch is in growth mode, and we are looking to build out our
existing teams this year. From Managed Cloud Services to Cloud
Enablement, Operations, Application Development, DevOps,
Automation, Product Development, and everything in betweenwe are
looking for superstars. Our teams are setting industry-level
standards around AWS product management and delivery, and we are
looking for like-minded, focused candidates to join us. We're
building our team with talented and passionate Cloud Consultants
who will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a broad
use of Amazon's utility computing web resources.
Where you fit:
2nd Watch has a unique company culture and working environment that
live and breathe success and promote pushing the envelope every day
in your respective role at the company. This is what drives our
teams. Getting our attention takes creativity, ingenuity, a desire
to improve each day, and a track record of caring about who you are
affecting, both positively and negatively, while you are getting
the right stuff done.
We are looking for a the most technically forward-thinking,
cloud-passionate employees in the world and work daily to align our
core values with those that we hire - Fearlessness, Tenacity,
Humility, Customer Focus, Empowering One Another, Working Together,
Winning as a Team, Honesty, Transparency, Having FUN these are all
key elements to who we hire.
Azure Cloud Architect
The ideal candidate is someone who:
-- Operates with the highest levels of integrity
-- Thinks Big and takes on Big Challenges
-- Has a continuous thirst for knowledge and is a perpetual
-- Strives to make themselves and everyone around them better
-- Has a passion for technology
Expertise you bring:
- -- Create functional design specifications, Azure reference
architectures, and assist with other project deliverables as
- -- Provide recommendations with respect to cloud migrations and
prepare technical implementation roadmaps for Azure adoption.
- -- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on Azure that
address customer's requirements for scalability, reliability,
security, and performance and leverage existing investments in
- -- Collaborate with other project teams on technical solutions
and help improve 2nd Watch's service.
- -- Ability to learn and work with new and emerging
- -- Up to 60% travel and work onsite at 2nd Watch and client
Education, skills and experience you possess:
- -- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- -- Experience in architecting complex Enterprise grade
solutions in on-premise and cloud environments.
- -- Experience with cloud products: Azure and Amazon AWS
- -- Experience in Azure classic portal & Azure resource manager
in cloud deployments.
- -- Configuration and deployment experience in two or more of
the following: Azure PaaS technologies, Azure apps technologies
such as AzureSQL, Azure Tables, Cache, SQL Server DW, Azure AD
etc., Azure IaaS Technologies such as VMs, Virtual networks,
Express Routes, Standard/Premium storage etc.
- -- Firm grasp on cloud security, leveraging Windows operating
systems, Active Directory, AD integration
- -- Well versed in designing and building Azure solutions that
include high availability, multi-region and multi-set architectures
using virtual networks, availability sets and affinity groups.
- -- Familiar with infrastructure as code, specifically Terraform
and Azure Resource Manager.
- -- Familiarity with Go, SDLC, Docker, and Kubernetes is a
benefit as well
- -- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communications
Benefits and Perks of working at 2nd Watch :
Beyond an amazing, collaborative work environment, great people and
inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and
- Competitive salaries and all employees are bonus eligible
- 401(k) with company stock plans to all employees
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision coverage for all employees
and 90% paid for family, along with other wellness and disability
- No limit / regulation on Paid Time Off We let you manage
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, focus on Philanthropy
and giving back to the communities we support
Keywords: 2nd Watch, Inc., New York , Azure Cloud Architect, Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!