Company: Matthews International
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Overall Job Summary
Matthews Memorialization is a leader in the memorialization
industry who is committed to helping customers grow their
businesses and helping families move from grieving to remembrance
by providing products of superior craftsmanship and revenue
generating programs and services. Within this industry, our
Environmental Solutions is focused on the design and manufacture of
advanced combustion systems. Matthews Memorialization is a (MATW)
Matthews International company.
The Warehouse Worker performs all necessary functions for the
successful arrival, departure and delivery of specific products
within the business segment.
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Full-Time / Part-Time: Part-Time
* Loads and unloads materials into or from vehicles and installs
strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in
* Prepares products for delivery prior to loading.
* Operates forklift successfully to assist in transfer of
* Scans product upon arrival and records data to maintain accurate
* Unload product and place in appropriate storage facility within
* Pulls appropriate amount and type of product from warehouse based
on shipping order.
* Maintains a clean warehouse; aware of potential safety
* Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
* 1+ years of previous warehouse experience required; or equivalent
combination of education and experience
* Basic degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook &
* Basic analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving,
presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to
completion), & planning skills.
* Basic verbal and written communication skills (including
analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
* Basic understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
* Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with
peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal
and external clients.
* Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a
fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
* Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
* Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and
* Possess a mechanical aptitude; ability to use a large variety of
hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools, forklifts, welding
equipment, and cutting torch.
* Ability to work overtime as necessary.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
* Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving
mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat,
risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
* The noise level in the work environment may be high.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to
perform the essential functions.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to
employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic
information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Matthews International, New York , Warehouse Worker, Professions , Kearny, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!