Maintenance Technician (Traveling Required)
Company: Related Companies
Location: East Orange
Posted on: November 11, 2019
OverviewRelated Affordable is the division of Related Companies
that develops, acquires and preserves affordable housing throughout
the nation. Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related
Companies, and its broad portfolio of award-winning affordable and
mixed-income developments demonstrate the company?s continuing
ability to create affordable housing opportunities in a variety of
geographically, economically and socially diverse neighborhoods.
Related owns and operates a portfolio of more than 60,000
affordable and workforce housing units. ResponsibilitiesTraveling
Maintenance Technician - *Affordable housing experience preferred*
*Travel will be reimbursed per mile traveled, as well as, flight
accomodations/Meals and hotel reimbursement for overnight
travel*Full time- permanent role Should be willing to travel to
- New York (Upstate and NYC area)
- New Jersey
- Maryland (Baltimore)
- Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh)
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Virginia Your Role Within the Company:This Traveling
Maintenance Technician is responsible for the overall day-to-day
facilities operations for various affordable housing communities
throughout various cities along the east coast with a main hub
location in East Orange, NJ. We are always looking for a team
member with a passion for excellence, a ?can do? attitude and a
dedication to quality. This person is responsible for being hands
on, completing the work orders on a timely basis, assisting with
unit turn overs, preparing for inspections and other maintenance
related activities as assigned. Specifically, the Maintenance Tech.
will be responsible for common area and apartment repairs in the
scope of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, and appliances.
Further oversight of the building?s curb appeal through building
exterior inspections, cleaning and grounds maintenance is required.
Additionally, the Lead Maintenance Technician performs all duties
in compliance with company policies and procedures, the Equal
Employment Opportunity, Fair Housing and Human Rights statutes.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the overall property and
customer/resident based community.
- Inspect the building and property on a daily basis and
performed routine preventative maintenance and immediately
addressing safety issues.
- Responds to emergency maintenance repairs after normal working
hours or assigns to another team member.
- Order and maintain inventory of building materials and supplies
- Coordinate efforts between management and contractors and
obtain bids for repairs and replacements as per company
- Ensures that all company maintenance policies and procedures
are implemented at the property.
- Ensures that company standards for the performance of
maintenance functions are consistently maintained.
- Remove snow and ice and keep sidewalks clean and safe during
- Keep and maintain accurate records as required by regulation or
company operating protocols.
- Responsible for general upkeep of the building which includes,
but is not limited to making sure that all common areas are in a
clean and orderly state and the landscaping is up kept.
- Involvement with the tenant community and reporting any issues
to management in a timely manner. QualificationsBackground profile:
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry,
appliance and snow removal
- Customer service first attitude
- Must have personal, reliable transportation for on-call
- Previous apartment experience preferredWork Environment and
- Building maintenance environment, indoor/outdoor, consisting of
exposure to moving mechanical parts and seasonal temperature
changes ranging from freezing to extreme heat
- May be exposed to high places, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk
of electrical shock, and loud noises
- Vision requirements include both close range and long distance
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to climb ladders and crawl into confined
- Must be able to endure walking, squatting, bending, balancing,
climbing, kneeling, crawling and prolonged standing
- Must be able to use hands to grip power and hand
tools*Emergency on-call may be required Benefits and Features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off
- Matching 401(K)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- & More!#cb #APKB6Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Related Companies, New York , Maintenance Technician (Traveling Required), Professions , East Orange, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!