Patient Care Technician, Emergency Department
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Location: Perth Amboy
Posted on: November 11, 2019
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Hackensack Meridian
Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients
by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our
hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our
long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete
spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in
multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Patient Care Assistant II at Hackensack
Meridian Health includes:
* Providing patient care, based on physical, psychosocial,
education, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of
the guests/patients served in assigned service.
* Providing for effective and safe guest/patients outcomes through
practice, judgment and critical actions
* Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other
members of the health care team regarding patient s status and
* Taking self-directed or self-motivated initiative to do more than
is expected or required in the job, acting before being required to
by events, improving job performance, and/or creating new
* Participating in interdisciplinary collaboration of our patient s
plan of care from admission to discharge to ensure safe
transitioning and continuum of care.
* Participating in Unit/Department Performance Improvement
* High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
* Completion of Meridian Nursing Assistant Program or
* Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification or
* Current Nursing Student, having completed fundamentals in nursing
clinical rotation or
* Equivalent bedside nursing experience, such as home health aides,
military hospital corpsman or medic or Emergency Medical
* An active BLS/CPR certification by the American Heart Association
* The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs,
a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our
patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork,
dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to
deliver the highest quality of care and service based on a strong
sense of patient focus are all required.
* At least one (1) year PCT or CNA experience in a hospital setting
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the
recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color,
creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, veteran status and any other category protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, New York , Patient Care Technician, Emergency Department, Professions , Perth Amboy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!