Information Security Analyst
Location: White Plains
Posted on: November 20, 2019
Job Req #: ?19-12233Job Description: ?Information Security
Analyst?Location: ?White Plains, NYJob Type: ?6 Month Contract?A
multinational, food-products corporation, our client is focused on
health and wellness through sustainable food sources and quality
food products.?Their values are ingrained in their work, and they
are looking for like minded individuals to join their team!?Postion
Description: Design and implement IT security for North America.
Works closely with team members, end users, and other IT
departments to design, implement, support, and maintain Vendor
Management process, manage information security related audit
requirements, and vulnerability management on our web presence.
Security Analysts will monitor for changes in cyber/human activity,
security application alerts, vulnerabilities, cyber threats, and
then identify and communicate course of action for remediation?Key
- Responsible to handle the entire vendor management process end
to end, from initial and periodical vendor vetting, risk analysis
of the potential purchased solution, and security amendments in the
- Enhance support and maintain the web application vulnerability
program with Qualys or Acunetix.
- Timely response to security threats by initiating appropriate
requests as well as managing team?s ticketing queue
- Project management skills and capability of managing multiple
projects simultaneously as well as using standard tools
- Experienced with information security metrics, Excell
dashboards or other data analysis tools
- Provide metrics and dashboards on all activities performed and
documentation for status reports
- BCP / DR extensive knowledge ? plan revisions, maintenance,
- Support and respond to audit procedures and findings. Ability
to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and apply
them to business needs.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business and business
processes; strong business planning skills.
- Familiarity with Data Privacy legislation (GDPR, CCPA and
pending law) and understanding of Data Privacy concerns within the
- Knowledge of pertinent legal controls (PCI, HIPAA);
understanding of compliance requirements and ability to convey that
understanding to users, support staff and Management.
- Champion security policy and ?best practices? within the
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to
communicate with customers, employees and management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective
solutions to diverse and complex business
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Business Administration, or other closely related field required.
Or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with system security is desired.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in the administration of IT devices
and networking. Network Administration and Network Security
experience a plus
- CompTIA - Security+ preferred
- Deep understanding of Windows security, Active directory, Group
policies, Network protocols.
- Rudimentary hands-on software and hardware configuration
- Capability to interpret, understand and remediate penetration
- Vulnerability management lifecycle skills
- ICS (Industrial controls systems), SCADA security
- Deep understanding of PCI DSS, HIPAA, GDPR and Data privacy
requirements and control mapping
- Business Process understanding (Distribution industry
- Understanding of Application flow (ability to interpret
processing in a network computing environment) and Application
- Excellent MS Excel skills on multiple topics: pivot tables,
graphs, analysis, macros etc.?Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to set up, configure and troubleshoot a basic
corporate network infrastructure.
- Strong skills in the areas of communication, collaboration,
customer focus, business/critical thinking, project management,
leadership, and value creation are required.
- Demonstrate a strong interest and understanding of general
network security concepts.
- Ability to communicate in an effective manner and interact with
different levels of administration, technical and management with
- Ability to understand technical manuals, online technical
documentation, software specifications, and systems software
- Excellent communication skills, good analytical and negotiation
skills, and close attention to detail required. Must have excellent
leadership, interpersonal and motivation skills and be a team
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to non-
technical audiences required.
- Demonstrated adaptability to change, customer focus, continuous
learning, and problem solving required ??Samuel KellerTechnical
Recruiter303-694-5497?About Ascent:The Ascent Services Group (ASG)
is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm
whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small,
Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals:
Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences.? As
consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top
clients within the industries we serve.? Our goal is to deliver
innovative talent through proven best practices and effective
resource optimization.? Become one of ASG's candidates and
experience the difference!
About Ascent:Ascent is a leading national technology consulting and
professional services firm that focuses on tactical and strategic
consulting. Ascent---s fundamental business is providing staffing
services to Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals:
Financial Services, Healthcare, and Life Sciences. We focus the
majority of our efforts in Staff Augmentation support of Large
Enterprise Clients who utilize a Vendor Management System. Ascent
works as both a reliable supplier in support of programs, as well
as a Strategic Advisor in support of enterprise efforts to
establish best in class preferred vendor programs. Ascent was
ranked in the 2007 and 2008 Inc. 500 and recognized specifically
for its innovative work in staff augmentation support of Large
Enterprise preferred vendor accounts.If you are ready to propel
your career to new heights--- read on. We are looking for talented
and dedicated colleagues to join our phenomenal team. At Ascent, we
have created an environment where culture, commitment and
opportunity converge to yield a truly unique place to work. We know
that every employee has something important to say and that every
employee is integral to our success. Where else can you walk over
to a founder and talk about your ideas to help build our business
and have that idea implemented in 48 hours? More importantly, we do
everything we can to make sure our employees not only have great
jobs, but great lives.
Keywords: Ascent, New York , Information Security Analyst, Professions , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!