Sales and Service Associate
Company: Popular Bank
Posted on: January 18, 2020
Sales and Service Associate
Join the Popular Team!
Founded in 1893, Popular Inc. has been built upon strong
institutional values while providing broad financial services
within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean.
We strive to create an extraordinary legacy with a passion for
customer service, tremendous dedication to our employees, and
strong partnerships in the communities where we reside. Come
explore Popular - Our bottom line is you.
We are currently searching for a Sales and Service Associate to
join our dynamic team! In this dual role, you will be responsible
for the sale of bank products and services to meet all of the needs
of existing and potential customers while rendering quality service
in accordance with bank goals to attain growth, profitability and
You will also be responsible for the accurate processing of
customer transactions while providing courteous, timely, and
informative service to ensure that the customer feels completely
You will play a key role in identifying clients needs and ensuring
customers receive a positive impression of the organization.
In this position, you will:
- Execute a sales plan identifying optimal channels for attaining
branch targets and sales goals.
- Build effective relationships and trust with clients and
potential clients by listening to and uncovering their needs and
educating them about the bank products and services that are most
appropriate for their situation.
- Maintain awareness of individual sales goals and status in
- Decision transaction approvals as per empowerment
- Conduct sales activities to gather data and to drive business
to the branch, such as: in person or phone interviews with clients
or prospective clients, community involvement, etc.
- Pro-actively seek information from clients and prospective
clients through sales efforts to understand possible changing
situations, needs and desired benefits and evaluate product or
- Leverage provided leads and other lead generations on a regular
basis to present new products, services, rate promotions,
- Educate existing and new customers on digital banking options
such as smart ATMs, mobile banking, internal transfers and bill
- Support marketing campaigns and product launches, modifying
sales techniques to achieve sales results.
- Collaborate and cultivate internal partnerships with Commercial
and Private Banks to ensure established productivity and referral
objectives are met or exceeded.
- Collect, analyze and secure all necessary documentation for the
successful opening of accounts. Notify supervisor of any suspicious
or questionable documents.
- Proactively identify fraudulent or forged documentation and/or
activity and report such activity to the respective
- Stay abreast of changes to banking environment, bank
competition and customer's business environment.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information, bank policies
- Complete all required paperwork, profiles and reports in a
timely and accurate manner
- Process payment and receipt of transactions for all product
types and services accurately, courteously and in accordance with
established policies and procedures. Reference the client by name
in all transactions to provide personalized service.
- Effectively respond to customers requesting to update or close
their accounts, determining reason for dissatisfaction and offer
possible alternatives; process account maintenances in a compliant
- Apply newly gained knowledge, skill or techniques to current
work and share successes with other team members.
- Perform basic inquiries relative to opening of accounts to
ensure customer knowledge of account features.
- Meet or exceed established customer service standards.
- Effectively execute teller banking transactions in accordance
to policies and procedures and in adherence to legal and regulatory
- Ensure cash is secured according to policy throughout course of
- Assist in the processing of night depository bags and currency,
and ATM settlements as required.
- Ensure workstations are organized and equipped for the start of
the business day, complete all work within the regular work
- Maintain minimum amount of cash in teller's area and ensure
cash is secured to follow policies, security/safety
- Re-stock and balance assigned cash drawer, ATM(s), cash
recycler(s), vault(s) as required.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
To be considered, you will need:
- A minimum requirement of 6 months prior teller experience
combined with 2 years of sales experience.
- Effective sales ability with capacity to meet ongoing sales
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college a
- Strong computer literacy.
Please consider joining our DYNAMIC, friendly team! It takes only a
few minutes to check-out this great opportunity and apply!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
To learn more about Popular, visit our website at
Connect with us!
Facebook Twitter Blog
Nearest Major Market: Brooklyn
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Law, Sales, Legal
Keywords: Popular Bank, New York , Sales and Service Associate, Sales , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!