Company: Design Within Reach
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Design Within Reach Studios are the perfect environment to grow
your career in the interior design industry. Our studios serve as
both a retail environment and as community centers for design,
inviting constant interaction between the customer, our furniture
and our team. Our Studio Sales Assistants learn the business every
day through assisting with all aspects of sales support, from
facilitating the client experience to post-sale client care. This
role provides exposure to various aspects of sales, operations,
inventory management, interior design and retail visuals within the
Studio while providing support to the Studio management team.
Studio Sales Assistants own various projects that build strategic
skills, help generate sales and provide an exceptional client
experience, consistent with the DWR mission. As a Sales Assistant,
you'll report to the Studio Proprietor.
What you'll do:
You'll have opportunities to speak up, build relationships and grow
your design skills every day as you:
- Assist with sales support and post-sale follow-up, including
processing EAD requests, placing orders, resolving delivery issues,
completing special orders and processing part requests.
- Account Executives with all aspects of the DWR client
experience, including greeting clients and welcoming them to the
studio, as needed.
- Lead Studio operations such as ordering, organizing and
maintaining fabric swatch samples, maintaining Studio product
inventory and escalating facilities issues.
- Maintain inventory of all Studio marketing collateral such as
catalogs, sale signage, seasonal promotional items and office
- Tag all furniture on the sales floor and ensure accurate vendor
information and pricing.
- Work strategically to expand the client's connection to the DWR
brand and facilitate outreach in the local design
- Partner with Account Executives to assist with 3-D renderings
and shadow on in-home consultations and trade visits.
- Assist in building and maintaining current relationships with
trade contacts in the local area.
- Research potential trade and developer clients for outreach and
- Build strong working relationships with fellow associates and
- Attend Studio meetings, participate in product trainings, share
information among peers and utilize the DWR website and catalog to
foster continual growth of product knowledge base and knowledge of
the design industry.
- Maintain all sales operations tasks and ensure timely follow-up
regarding specific inquiries and issues.
- Maintain the appearance of the Studio and product by complying
with corporate visual merchandising standards and
- Network with clients via phone and email to inform them of
promotions and Studio events.
Sound like you?
This might be you if you have the following experience, skills and
- Background in interior design or architecture.
- Retail sales experience or customer success experience
- Able to communicate with internal and external parties both
verbally and in writing.
- Able resolve client concerns in a manner that is professional,
resourcefulness and creative.
- Exceptional customer service skills always willing to "go the
- Team player: cooperative, builds relationships easily and
support of peers, and encourages collaboration.
- Proficiency with Mac OS, MS Office software, Gmail and web
- Exposure to 3-D rendering programs, Salesforce and/or POS
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and regularly move items
such as catalog boxes, water cases and product.
As a Sales Assistant, you'll be eligible for a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance,
paid holidays, parental leave, green transit subsidy and more.
Design Within Reach provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin,
ancestry, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.
Keywords: Design Within Reach, New York , Sales Assistant, Sales , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!