Key Account Specialist (Food Broker)
Company: Affinity Group
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSUMMARY: The Affinity Group Key Account
Specialist is responsible for planning and executing a customized
sales strategy for their assigned operator accounts. This position
is deeply knowledgeable in key account segment and builds and
maintains close relationships with the Food Service Directors and
the Chefs at all assigned operators. The Key Account Specialist is
always available to their clients, contacting them on a regular
basis, participating in local functions, cutting/demonstrating
products, training and educating the key personnel and always
working to better understand their product needs. Duties and
- Maintains and develops a portfolio of priority and assigned
accounts through in-person field and sales calls.
- Stays up-to-date and knowledgeable about the operators in their
account segment and acts as a resource and solution provider for
- Fosters continuous development and growth of priority operator
- Assists with vendor fairs, distributor sales meetings, food
shows and industry trade events.
- Ensures continuous client product knowledge and training.
- Manages sales sample order process.
- Troubleshoots and responds to product complaints.
- Maintains competitive pricing and new/discontinued item
- Attends and provides support at manufacturer/distributor
- Works closely with the entire sales force and openly discusses
go to market strategies, competitive reconnaissance, successes, and
- Understands each of the following for their strategic accounts:
menu rotations, population and trends, desired cost structure in
each segment of the menu, opportunities to penetrate or convert
items, training and education of products, and multiple uses for
- Maintains an up to date profile folder of each customer;
utilizes the CRM system weekly to report on sales call activity,
updates and follow ups, in addition to customer profile
- Participates in visits to key strategic accounts and has a
prepared itinerary a week in advance.
- Is able to cook food products and put menu combinations
together to aid in the sale process.
- Other duties as assigned.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associates or Bachelor's college degree preferred
- Ability to execute and follow through a sales plan.
- A positive, professional, and proactive attitude.
- Strong communication skills.
- Adept at building trust and credibility
- Planning and organizational skills
- Works well with teams and has strong motivational skills
- Strong problem solving and strategic planning skills
- Using the CRM System daily
- Call Reporting in CRM System
- Must have a valid driver's licenseSupervisory and Reporting
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
- Reports to Territory Sales DirectorPhysical
- Candidate must be able to perform the essential functions of
- Work may be performed in an Affinity Group office or warehouse
- Periodically requires the ability to stand for extended periods
of time at trade shows.
- Flexible work hours to accommodate demands of position (some
- May require travel up to 10-20% of the time within territoryThe
Affinity Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race,
religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is
decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHRmQq4zrC2T6
Keywords: Affinity Group, New York , Key Account Specialist (Food Broker), Sales , Springfield, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!