Lab Business Sales Representative, Japan
Location: New York
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job SummaryWorkers are self-employed and provide specialized
skills on a contract basis with Avantor.Avantor Performance
Materials is a global lifesciences business with a well-developed
reputation for its high standard of quality products in four
demanding markets, such as Biotechnology/ Pharmaceuticals,
Research, and Diagnostics. The Lab Sales Representative is
responsible to implement business strategy for the laboratory /
diagnostic-related chemicals, consumables & equipment products
under lab business unit in Japan, in conjunction with the global
business strategies and product specific marketing promotions.
He/she will coordinate account strategies with manager & director
of sales for Japan and global counterparts. This position must
execute the business strategies, negotiate effectively, maximize
synergy effects, build customer relationships, and develop new
business in existing and new technology products.
- Develop the sales capability for lab chemical, consumables &
equipment products for all life science & chemical industry,
including related products. This includes new businesses at
existing and new accounts and new products sales.
- Execute business plan with strong sales acumen to grow
Avantor's lab business through sales channels and end users.
- Execute new account development actions for the market as
assigned by the manager/director.
- Has primary accountability and ownership for building strong
end-customer relationships as well as sales channel partners.
- Take the responsibility to manage channel partners and
customers for the lab business, including third party logistic
companies to provide the products on time to the end customer.
- Monitor the achievement of sales and receivables goals and
develop improvement recommendations as needed.
- Ensure to build strong relationship with key customers & major
distributors, and summarize market information and competitor
- Communicate to appropriate areas for improvements in service
offerings or new products.
- Ensure effective execution of customer facing business practice
such as return goods policy, cross docking, terms and conditions
and, credit and collection rules.
- Involve in the field forecast activities and its improvement.
Supports new product and business development activities. Other
duties as assigned with or without accommodations.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/ON-GOING FUNCTIONS:
- Implement sales processes, understands customer technology and
application processes, and work jointly with the other Sales,
R&T, Applications and Marketing to close major target account
technology product opportunities.
- Maintain policies and procedures in accordance with Avantor
standards and local regulations.
- Demonstrate effective employee relationships built on trust,
teamwork and accountability.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
- BS in chemistry, biotechnology, biochemistry or related
technology fields required. MS degree's favorable.
- At least Five(5) years of sales experience in life sciences
- Minimum of Two(2) - Three(3) years of activities as a
counterpart for laboratory / diagnostic / lifescience
manufacturers, and in chemical, consumables & equipment sales as
well as other items in laboratory oriented business.
- Sales experience with demonstrated ability to implement
strategies and strengthen organizations.
- Mid level of influencing and persuading skills and
- Ability to communicate clearly the intended message in formal
and informal settings.
- Resilience and the ability to manage conflict.
- Ability to maintain good emotional control in difficult
- Demonstrates a strong drive for results and project management
- Ability to build relationships with other team members and gain
commitment toward stated goals.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
DISCLAIMER:The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required of employees assigned to this position.Avantor is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO Statement:
We recognize the value of diverse workforce and aim to create
employment opportunities such that all employees achieve their full
potential and work in an environment free of discrimination and
harassment. We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.
We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, caste, color, religious creed,
ethnicity, national origin, physical or mental disability,
protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
central, national, provincial or local laws.
3rd party non-solicitation policyBy submitting candidates without
having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job
requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor
recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted
candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor
works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative
to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not
be accepting any form of solicitation
Keywords: Avantor, New York , Lab Business Sales Representative, Japan, Sales , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!