Guest Service Agent
Company: Hampton Inn LaGuardia
Location: East Elmhurst
Posted on: November 26, 2022
A Guest Service Agent with Hampton Inn is responsible for greeting
and registering guests and checking guests out of the hotel in the
hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and
financial profitability while utilizing the highest possible level
of service; thus, ensuring we are providing a welcoming and
accommodating environment. As GSA you will be responsible for the
check in and check out process of hotel guests in a courteous,
professional and timely manner. Responsible for handling incoming
and outgoing phone calls; responding to guest requests; learn and
disseminate basic hotel information; be knowledgeable of procedures
and techniques necessary for the smooth operation of the
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to
adhere to each of the essential duties satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and ability necessary to do so. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to perform
the essential functions.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
* Knowledgeable in OnQ PMS is a plus.
* Greet guests and complete the registration process to include,
but not limited to, inputting and retrieving information from the
computer, confirmation of guest information and room rate,
selection of rooms, coding electronic keys, promoting marketing
programs, providing a welcome packet and ensuring guest knows
location of room and other hotel amenities.
* Respond to emergencies and document and relay comprehensive,
accurate information to proper parties in emergency situations.
* Accept and deliver all messages promptly and accurately,
utilizing proper grammar and spelling.
* Operate office equipment including, but not limited to,
computers, PBX system, fax machine, e-mail, etc.
* Complete courtesy calls within 20 minutes of guest check in.
* Complete PBX checklists.
* Ensure to sell and identify potential future business upon check
* Assist guests with check-out including, but not limited to,
ensuring rooms and services are correctly accounted, using the
point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit
cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, making
change and maintain banks and/or cash drawers at the Front
* Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of hotel information including,
but not limited to, room categories, room rates, packages,
promotions, the local area and other general product knowledge and
answer guest questions and inquiries.
* Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a
timely, friendly and efficient manner.
* Ensure that guests' names are used throughout your interaction
* Field guest complaints, conduct research and resolve and
negotiate solutions for guest satisfaction, as needed.
* Receive, input, retrieve and relay messages to guests, as needed
and ensure that guests' needs and requests are met.
* Ensure to follow through on all issues and discrepancies as
pertaining to Guest Services.
* Complete daily shift checklists.
* Conduct daily bucket checks.
* Complete and print all required daily reports, records & logs as
* Provide housekeeping with a list of "due outs."
* On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform.
* Prompt guests to fill out the Satisfaction and Loyalty Tracking
(SALT) and Tripadvisor survey upon check in and/or check out.
* Deposit guests' valuables in hotel safe deposit box.
* Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when
communicating with guests and associates.
* If necessary, walk guests in a professional and courteous manner
and in compliance with policies, procedures and brand stands.
* Answer and transfer calls in accordance with hotel standards.
* Restock & organize all work areas as necessary.
* Attend all mandatory meetings and hotel functions.
* Comply with all company standards and policies, as established in
the employee handbook.
* Other duties and tasks as requested by management.
Must have a minimum of 1-2 years Hotel Customer Service experience,
hotel setting strongly preferred. Thorough knowledge of customer
service. The ideal candidate will demonstrate effective and
professional written and verbal communications and have the ability
to effectively communicate with guests and team members.
*Job Qualifications: *
High School Diploma, GED or related field
Minimum 1-2 years customer service (Hotel industry preferred), or
an equivalent combination of education and experience. On-Q
Experience a plus.
Job Type: Full-time%58047475%
Keywords: Hampton Inn LaGuardia, New York , Guest Service Agent, Sales , East Elmhurst, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!