Luxury Sales Stylist - Designer - Saks Fifth Avenue
Posted on: May 19, 2019
job description Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the
performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings,
growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our
portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium
department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with
more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudsons
Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria
Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and
Belgiums only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC
has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global
Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United
States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real
Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible
business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard
to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our
philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong
communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in
which we operate around the world, while striving to create
innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for
work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working
environment Saks Fifth Avenue is opening a new store in September
2019! This will be the only Saks Fifth Avenue in New Jersey. Our
new store will be located in the heart of the American Dream Mall.
We are searching for talent now to join the team starting in
August. Apply today! We are hiring a team of Style Advisors for
various departments in the store which include Women's, Personal
Shopping, Accessories, Fragrances, Handbags, Shoes and Men's.
What This Position Is All About:
The Style Advisor is responsible for elevating their shopping
experience by welcoming visitors to the store, providing directions
and answering questions to help customers efficiently get to their
The Style Advisor has a strong working knowledge of the store, the
designers it carries as well as the many services offered and they
use this knowledge to provide customers with personalized
assistance to enhance their shopping experience.
Who You Are:
- You believe that teamwork is critical for long lasting
- You lead by example, are responsible and thoughtful, creative
- Your delivery-focus is always on the most memorable customer
- You understand how important it is to get buy-in, and so you
are patient and deliberate with your communication, able to adjust
and change wherever necessary
You also have:
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Blackberry,
- Technologically savvy
- Fluent in multiple languages; fluency in Mandarin would be a
strong asset. As the Style Advisor, you will:
- Create a Welcoming Environment
- Immediately welcomes customers as they enter the area and
proactively offers assistance
- Provides a dynamic service presence to each location
- Skilled at asking appropriate questions to identify a customers
needs in order to effectively provide them guidance or
- Knowledgeable of store layout, current merchandise assortment
and able to direct Customers to the appropriate area
- Elevate the Shopping Experience
- Able to quickly assess customer needs in terms of: special
occasion, vendors/product of interest, special language needs, how
much time customer has, etc.
- Has a strong network of Style Advisors throughout the store and
leverages these relationships to pair the right Style Advisor to a
new customer based on the customers needs
- Thoroughly knowledgeable on all in-store services and
proactively offers the appropriate service to a customer to further
personalize and enhance their shopping experience
- Problem Solving
- Demonstrates a high level of energy and the ability to
multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Able to understand a customers concerns and quickly determine
solutions with limited supervision Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit;
think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from
retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees
(including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount Thank you for your interest with
HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In
addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in
every location in which the company has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be
individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection
process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to
the materials or processes to be used.
Keywords: HBC, New York , Luxury Sales Stylist - Designer - Saks Fifth Avenue, Sales , Paterson, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!