Social Worker: Education/Vocation Programs
Company: Good Shepherd Services
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with more
than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families each
year - and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills for
success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of every
person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in whatever
form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work in NYC by
Crain's New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a fantastic work
environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our
mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our team and help
make a difference!
Benefits: For Full Time Employees Benefits/Perks:
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Generous paid time off (Including 5 Self-Care Days/Floating
Holidays, 12 Sick Days, 15 Vacation Days, and 11 Holidays)
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Pet Care)
- 403(b) Plan (GSS contributes 3% of your salary to your 403(b)
plan after 3 years of service, with contributions increasing over
time) Candidates hired in this position will work in person but
will have the flexibility to work remotely when program need
Overview: Title: SOCIAL WORKER, Education/Vocational Programs
Reports to: Program Director
Location: Various Sites available in the Bronx and Brooklyn
Hours: 35 Hours/Week; Exempt
Mon-Friday: Hours Vary
Salary: $55,000 - $62,000
Job Summary: The Social Worker provides individual and group
counseling, crisis intervention, attendance outreach, and workshops
to young adults and assists in implementing other aspects of the
Program; collaborates extensively with Department of Education
(DOE) teachers and administrators.
- Provide initial intake, assessment, planning and ongoing case
management with students.
- Provide individual and group counseling and crisis intervention
- Facilitate case consultations with the Advocate Counselors,
Internship Coordinator and DOE staff.
- Conduct workshops on healthy relationships, dating violence,
nutrition and other relevant topics.
- Assist students in attending school through identifying
obstacles and connecting with resources
- Conduct home visits when necessary.
- Develop resources and linkages to meet student needs.
- Work with families and DOE staff to assist students in
- Assist in carrying out other aspects of the program including
recognition events, trips and leadership activities.
- Plan and coordinate with other Good Shepherd Services team
members and relevant school staff.
- Participate in agency-wide workgroups.
- Attend continuing education workshops and trainings.
- Perform statistical, narrative and record keeping duties as
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred
- Master's Degree in Social Work or related counseling field
- Must have experience working with adolescents/young adults
individually and in groups.
- Knowledge of Trauma-Informed Practice a plus.
- Knowledge of and passion for Racial and Social Justice a
- Prior experience in a school setting preferred.
- Must be able to work evenings and some Saturdays.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication
skills a plus.
- Must be able to work cohesively as part of an
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength-based, youth,
family and community development perspective. Additional
Information: Good Shepherd Services is an equal opportunity
employer that is proudly committed to becoming an anti-racist and
multicultural organization that stands up for justice and equity .
We welcome prospective employees from diverse backgrounds, for
administrative support and direct service and leadership roles, who
will join us on that journey, uphold our values and approach , and
believe in our mission. Additionally, we aim to have a racially
representative leadership and workforce that is reflective of the
communities we work in partnership with.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive and
welcoming environment for all members of our staff, participants,
volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender
expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital
status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our
activities or operations. These activities include, but are not
limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of
volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing a workplace that is accessible and
accommodating to employees with disabilities. As part of our
commitment to providing a barrier-free recruitment and selection
process, we will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for
candidates with disabilities. If you require any accommodations to
participate in the hiring process, please inform us of your needs
in advance. We value diversity and inclusivity in our workplace and
encourage applicants of all abilities to apply.
Keywords: Good Shepherd Services, New York , Social Worker: Education/Vocation Programs, Education / Teaching , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!