Company: Park Lane
Location: New York
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
Park Lane New York is a luxury 46-story hotel with panoramic views
of legendary Central Park and the iconic New York City skyline.
Located steps from Fifth Avenue shopping, Broadway theaters, Museum
Mile, Carnegie Hall, Radio City Music Hall and Lincoln Center, the
hotel boasts a prestigious Manhattan address and offers grand
European style amidst many upscale amenities. The hotel features
628 guestrooms with oversized picture windows of Central Park plus
UNEXPECTEDLY WONDERFUL AND UNIQUELY MEMORABLE, PARK LANE IS MY NEW
Uniquely positioned along the Central Park South corridor, as an
antithesis to the gilded, stodge of its classic luxury neighbors,
Park Lane is the only place to rendezvous with New York's
eccentricities and be immersed in a vibrant convergence of people,
textures, views, and experiences. Modern pleasure isn't found in
old and boring luxury, but the deviation from it. As the
Housekeeping Manager, you are essential to our business, brand, and
culture. As a leader at Park Lane, you are a role model and
teacher-you care about our team and guests. You are a welcoming,
caring, and social individual who loves interacting with all sorts.
You strive to make a positive difference in every way.
The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for ensuring the operation
of the Housekeeping Department in an attentive, friendly, efficient
and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service and
a clean and safe environment throughout their stay, while
efficiently managing expenses and maximizing service levels.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful,
and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or
accidents presented through reservations, comment cards, letters
and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient
manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Housekeeping
personnel according to Highgate Hotel SOP's.
- Ensure compliance to Standard of the Week training, using the
steps to effective training according to Highgate Hotel
- Maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program (i.e. floor care,
hard cleaning, mattress flipping, etc.) and maintain a detailed
checklist for each position.
- Assist in maintaining and controlling all housekeeping
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all corporate Risk Management
standards (MSDS, HazComm, etc.).
- Ensure that large guestroom turns are managed efficiently.
- Ensure consistency with departmental opening and closing
- Carry a pager at all times.
- Prepare and conduct Housekeeping interviews as required and
follow hiring procedures according to Highgate Hotel SOP's.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Housekeeping
- Inspect rooms daily, and ensure that some rooms are inspected
with supervisors on a daily basis.
- Assist the Director of Housekeeping in inspecting all VIP rooms
prior to arrival.
- Ensure that public areas, guest rooms and back-of-house areas are
cleaned to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Assist in maintaining required pars of all Housekeeping and
Laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a
monthly or quarterly basis.
- Assist in conducting monthly and quarterly Housekeeping
inventories on a timely basis.
- Ensure guest privacy and security through correctly following
Highgate Hotel procedures.
- Monitor work orders and submit to Engineering according to hotel
procedures. Follow up on work orders to ensure completion.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings for room attendants and housemen.
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in
MSD sheets. Keep MSD sheets current and easily available.
- Balance and clear room status nightly; compare the p.m.
housekeeping report with the PMS room status report and resolve any
- Assist in reviewing Housekeeping staff's worked hours for payroll
compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Assist in preparing employee Schedule according to business
forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity
- Maintain Highgate Hotel SOP's regarding Purchase Orders,
vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers, employees and other
- Ensure implementation of all Highgate Hotel policies and house
rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position competencies
for Housekeeping staff.
- Operate pagers and radios efficiently and professionally in
communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio
etiquette within the department.
- Manage and organize large turn days (including group check-ins or
- Monitor out-of-order, out-of-service, discrepant and show
- Must maintain constant communication with Guest Services.
- Monitor and act on special requests as needed; VIPs, special
needs rooms, connecting, etc.
- Attend weekly staff meeting and provide training on a rotational
basis using steps to effective training according to Highgate Hotel
- Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies
according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Maintain key control system for house keys.
- Ensure participation within department for monthly Highgate Hotel
- Focus the Housekeeping Department on their role in contributing
to the Guest Service and audit Scores.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Review Housekeeping log book and Guest Request log on a daily
- Assist in maintaining an organized and comprehensive filing
system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules,
forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
- Use the telephone and computer system for reporting and verifying
- Record all valet laundry for valet cleaners. Check and review
incoming laundry at end of day to ensure all items have been
- Properly store, secure and issue supplies as needed to meet
- Ensure completion of regular maintenance and cleaning projects on
a biannual basis.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Keywords: Park Lane, New York , Housekeeping Manager, Executive , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!