licensed Practical Nurse, Home Care, LPN
Company: Visiting Nurse Service of New York
Location: Staten Island
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Provides high quality nursing care and personal care to patients
under the direction of the registered professional nurse consistent
with VNSNY philosophy, policy, goals and objectives, and Standards
of Nursing Practice. Provides nursing care to patients in any of
the service areas. Works under moderate supervision.
- Utilizes skills of observation, interviewing and
physical/psychosocial assessment to gather relevant data in
identifying changes in condition, and assesses patient living
conditions and family situations, alerting the registered
professional nurse or coach, as appropriate.
- Travels to patients' homes and/or other facilities with varying
environments (e.g., elevated buildings, walk-ups, care facilities,
single/multiple family homes, presence of pets, etc.) using
approved transportation options to deliver direct care to the
- Delivers nursing care to patients in any of VNSNY's
- Provides nursing care in accordance with VNSNY policies,
practices, procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice, which may
require standing, stooping, sitting, crouching, bending and
stretching to deliver patient care.
- Transports and utilizes required medical equipment and supplies
using VNSNY designated/supplied carrying case weighing
approximately 25 - 30 lbs. to and from patient homes/care
facilities, VNSNY offices and other locations.
- Participates in the development of treatment plans and
interventions with the registered professional nurse.
- Assists the registered professional nurse in carrying out the
care plan and performing specialized duties when necessary.
- Provides health instructions to patients and family caregivers
in accordance with the registered professional nurse's plan of
- Performs technical procedures safely, efficiently, legally and
within the scope of practice.
- Documents assessment findings; treatment and interventions
provided with patient/family responses in accordance with VNSNY
Home Care policies.
- Assumes responsibility for personal professional growth.
- Understands and interprets agency reimbursement policy.
- Collaborates with teammates in setting of team goals,
establishment of performance measures, and evaluation of team
- Participates in activities that support achievement of team
goals and responsibilities.
- Participates in coordination of day to day service delivery
operations of team (e.g. coordination of patient coverage during
planned and unplanned absences of teammates.
- Demonstrates awareness and appreciation of roles and
contributions of individual team members.
- Participates in peer review with other team members and coach
- Participates in the orientation of new team members.
- Serves as team representative for special events and projects,
- Participates in team meetings and other team activities.
- Shares accountability with team members for achieving team
- Performs other duties, as needed, including personal care
- For CMHS only:
- Patient assignments are for routine long acting injections and
- For Hospice and Home Care only:
- Assists patients with activities of daily living, which may
require positioning, moving, transferring and lifting patients of
varying weights and physical conditions, with and without
assistance and as appropriate, from family members and/or
Keywords: Visiting Nurse Service of New York, New York , licensed Practical Nurse, Home Care, LPN, Healthcare , Staten Island, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!